INTRODUCING THE MR. + MRS. SERIES!


image via Etsy


Good Morning!! Today I am so happy to introduce the Mr. + Mrs. Blog Series! I thought it would be fun to do these on "Wedding Wednesday" since I'm getting married and I've met a lot of bloggers out there who are engaged or recently married. The series will also include some friends and my sister! They each get to take over the blog for a day and share a little bit about their love story. Exciting right? At the end of the series, you'll learn more about my story (I'll be a newlywed by then YAY) and I'll do a round up of everyone's tips. I hope ya'll enjoy this! :) Today we have Asia visiting from The Cracked Lens.






Hello!! I’m Asia from The Cracked Lens and I’d like to thank the lovely Keizra for asking me to be a part of her new series. I’m still young and my Marine and I haven’t been together as long as some of the other ladies but I hope to show you that military and long distance relationships are possible!

1// Where did you meet?

We met at our mutual friend’s birthday party. It was crazy because we’ve both known her 
forever but we never bumped into each other for an entire four years! She’s a year younger 
than us so at her party I expected to find a whole bunch of high schoolers (I was a freshman in college then). I saw this tall, muscular guy in the back of the room and somehow worked up the courage to say hello, he’s been hooked ever since ;). And so have I.

2// How long have you been together?

On Feb. 4 we will have been together for 2 years and engaged for 5 months. I know I know 
it’s extremely fast but we’ve already been through so much and we knew that we were too deep into it that we never wanted to leave.

3// What was your first impression of your fiance/spouse?


WHO is that tall muscular guy over there!??!? He was one of the tallest people in the room so he wasn’t too hard to spot lol. He was dancing and being a complete fool so my first impression was he must be a fun person to hang out with. Our brief talk that night had us so hooked that we had withdrawal when he left lol.

4// When did you know he/she was the one?


I think I knew I loved him when he would be so excited to come visit my school to be with 
me for a weekend. All of my friends and roommates loved him and I’ve never had so much fun with another person. He even saved my friend and I from a scary situation that would’ve ended REALLY bad. I realized he was the one when he went off to boot camp and I was an utter MESS. It was three months of missing my best friend and I knew that he was the one I wanted to be with forever.

5// What is the most fun thing you’ve done together as a couple? 


This question is too hard. One of the things that sticks out the most is when I flew to San Diego and we walked on the boardwalk. It was too cold but it didn’t stop us from terribly playing frisbee on the sand, scarfing down the best burger of my life, and watching him win me a carnival prize. 




6// What is your favorite thing about your fiance/spouse?


How funny he is. I can always depend on him saying an extremely random comment or bursting out with a song or dance. When we’re together we’re laughing about 90% of the time and most likely it’s about nothing. We’ve been known to just look at each other and laugh for about 10 minutes.

7// Pick three words to describe your relationship. 

Dedication. Fun. Loving.

8// What has been your biggest challenge as a couple? 


Dealing with the distance will always be our biggest challenge. He’s in Cali and I’m in MD so it’s hard not being able to see him whenever I want. It’s hard for the both of us, we can be easily stressed out at times and it sucks even more when we know that a simple hug will fix everything but we can’t get one. Thankfully Skype was invented so at least we can still see each other there!

9// What advice can you give to all the other couples out there? 


Military and long distance relationships are POSSIBLE but they are NOT easy. I will be honest and say that there will be lots of tears and frustration, but you have to understand that the times you are together are so worth it. It takes honesty and trust and dedication. It will be a learning experience for the both of you but if you truly want to be together, you’ll find a way to make it work.

Thank you again Asia for participating in the Mr. + Mrs. series!!







5 comments:

  1. AAHHH!! This was so much fun :) thanks again for letting me participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating, I'm glad you had fun! I enjoyed reading your story!

      Delete
  2. Nice series, Keizra. I look forward to reading them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this couple be cuter? I am loving this already! Great series, Keizra. Looking forward to reading all the love stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria!! I'm excited to read learn about everyone's love story too!

      Delete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!