WHY I STARTED BLOGGING



I've had several blogs over the years. It's very true what they say-that a lot of people start blogs everyday, blogs that don't last. I was one of those people. At first I started a blog (and by started I just mean that I created the blog name, chose a blogger template and maybe posted a handful of times. Then a year later I started again and so forth and so on. It really wasn't until last year that I got serious about blogging. 


I started 27th + Luxe last August, because I wanted to be successful at it, primarily because I had tried several times before. But also because I like many other bloggers, was missing that "THING" in my life.  And so I started, posting a handful of times. It wasn't until November that I started posting daily, and that is all because of Kenzie's The Thankful Project. Because I was committed, I posted everyday in addition to posting my own content. And it was fun! 

I think the blogging community is a unique and awesome thing and I want to be an active member of it, even if it's in my own little corner. 

I mentioned earlier that I started blogging because of that missing "thing". I am in grad school now getting a degree in marketing. I so want to be doing something creative and I aspire to work for myself. Having this blog gives me an opportunity to put into practice everything that I've learned-by theory and through actual experience. 

The best thing that I've read and that I've learned is to operate your blog as a business. I think that is so key! I am learning so much about being organized, planning my content in advance, putting my creativity into practice, and trying new things. I am learning what makes me Keizra and how to share that via 27th + Luxe. Overall, through blogging I'm getting an opportunity to practice my writing and meet other awesome bloggers. 

Through blogging I am exploring my creative interests and hope to eventually be one of those bloggers that has been able to leave the 9-5 and be successful in my own creative interests. 





8 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are about transitioning your blog into a creative outlet into a business! It's something I'm struggling with right now....not sure how to find the balance of staying true to me but pursuing the business aspect. Can't wait to follow along as you discover :)

    xo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! It's definitely something that I've been thinking about for a looooong time!! Trying to focus my interests and now aligning that with the way I want this blog to go has been interesting! I keep a notebook where I jot down ideas, I've gone through several already. Some ideas I keep, and some get tossed.

      It seems like everything is starting to come together now. And I've definitely been trying to focus on MY PATH/LANE and not everyone else's! It's so easy to get wrapped up in everyone else's successes and it can steer you off course if you aren't careful!

      Delete
  2. I swear we're so similar! I started my blog journey because I wanted to use it as creative outlet after graduating and then I started grad school and really wanted to focus on the overall appearance of my blog. I have a lot to learn and still have a long way to go but it's coming together. I'm on this journey with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! We can encourage each other along the way and share tips and such :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! Especially because I was the same EXACT way! I literally thought I was the only one who had a handful of blogs, and couldn't follow through on just one. But Finally, in September, I decided to start back up again and go in it all the way. Because of how many times I would begin and delete blogs, I thought it would be impossible for me to actually become a blogger with an actual following, but now that I've decided to put time into my blog, there has definitely been a difference from all of the other times!

    Really though, it's so good to know that I wasn't the only who was like this! :)

    - meyouandhayleylarue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being consistent and getting involved in the blogging community (commenting, participating in linkups, giveaways, etc) has definitely made a difference for me! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. That's the amazing thing about blogging and the blogging community! There are people who share similar interest like ours. I blogged on and off as well, and it wasn't until The Thankful Project when I started blogging more. There was just something about INTENTIONALLY being thankful everyday that triggered something in me. Needless to say, I am more serious about my blog now than I was in the past. As I follow and read your blog, I can tell you are getting more serious too. I really like how your blog has transformed this past 3-4 months, and I cannot wait to see what great things you will do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasam you're so sweet! Thank you! I've noticed how your blog is growing as well and I'm excited to see what you will be doing going forward!

      Delete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!