LOVE THYSELF




Before I get started with today's post, I'd like to direct your attention over to my sidebar. Are you looking? Great! You may or may not have noticed that I've created a reader survey and I'd love for you to take it. It's not very long I promise! 






I am supposed to be journaling with The Everygirl for 30 days. They started on Tuesday, so I am a few days behind. I thought I'd still participate even though I'm a little off schedule.  The Everygirl advised that our journaling experience over the next 30 days contain substance, so I decided to focus on a theme. The theme I'm going to focus on is "love thyself". 

I'm one month away from becoming Mrs. Griffin and now seems like a really good time, probably the best time, to reflect. Over the last 2 years, I've been challenged in ways that I could not have imagined. It's made me re-evaluate who I am as a person, identify and define what I want out of life, and make plans to get there. The real world is nothing like I thought it would be, and I guess no one can really prepare you for what comes after college. But now, I know where I want to be and so I'm willing to do what's necessary to get there - in my career and in my goals for where I want to be when we start a family. 

So the point of this journal is to encourage and uplift myself- to remind myself that yes, I'm getting married and my name is changing, but I still have dreams and goals. I want to make sure they don't fade away once I settle in to married life and have kids (years from now!). I think it's unfortunate that for some people, after the years have gone by, look back on their lives and they're unhappy. I don't want to be that person. I want to live and know that I lived. 

I encourage you to try this! What are you passionate about? What goals do you have? Journal daily for 30 days, pour your heart out onto those pages. It will be a time to reflect and will be your documentation of your hearts deepest desires. When times get challenging because they will and you may even feel like giving up, the journal will be your reminder of where you want to be and where you are going. 





I want to send a BIG WARM HUG and heartfelt thank you to my very first sponsors! Be sure to stop by and say hi!



























1 comment:

  1. Stephanie @Shades of Color ArtApril 6, 2014 at 9:06 PM

    I love journaling! I don't do it everyday, but I try to. The thing I have to improve is to write not only when I'm mad or sad. I should take this challenge too and write every day especially good things!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!