HAVING A VISION + CREATING A PLAN

having-a-vision-and-creating-a-plan



Today I want to talk about having a vision and creating a blogging strategy, two very important things for your blog.

For me, the phrase "treat your blog like a business" rang very true and has helped me to focus and clarify exactly what it is I am hoping to accomplish with this blog. One of the first things I would advise you to do is to think about why you're blogging and wanting to blog. Is it just for fun, is it to share something of value? Or, is it to earn extra income and turn your blog into a tangible business? 




Next, understand the purpose of the why. For example, in this post, I stated that I am blogging because I eventually want to work for myself. The purpose of that is because I want to do what I love on my own terms and I want to be a work at home mom. Your turn! What is the purpose of the why? 

Now that we've got that figured out, let's create a mission  and/or vision statement for your blog. Mine is:


mission-statement

This is not only a great way for readers to understand what my blog is about and what they will get from reading it, but it is also the foundation of the blog. It reminds me of the why and the purpose of the why. This is also a great tool to use in your branding. 

And finally, create a blog plan. The way you plan will vary depending on your goals for the blog. So, before you start with your plan, identify some blog goals. You can create different categories and list goals within each category.  For example,

blog-goals




Now that you've identified some goals, you can create your blog plan! 
blog-plan





These are just some of the items that you can include in your blog plan for the year. List whatever works for you! Your blog plan should contain action items and specific due dates so that you're able to hold yourself accountable. I chose to create a blog plan for the year and highlight what I want to accomplish each month.

If you're interested in a worksheet to help you with your blog mission/vision statement and your blog plan, contact me and I'll be happy to send it your way!

And yes, we are in March, but it's never too late to create a mission and vision statement for your blog or to create a plan if you don't have one!






9 comments:

  1. This is so timely - Thank You! I started my blog about a month ago and I'm feeling a little all over the place. You shared great tips that I believe will help me get on track - can't wait to start my blog plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on starting your blog! Exciting isn't it?!! I'm glad that this little post is helpful for you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

      Delete
  2. Great tips!!! Its def important to have some sort of plan! I need to do better at setting deadlines for when I want to meet my goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisha!! A plan certainly helps things move a lot smoother. This type of plan also works for businesses as well! If you'd like some info about that, let me know! :-)

      Delete
  3. Great tips. I LOVE your pictures and design to this blog. I'm not evern really sure where I came across you from but I am glad I did. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great advice! I am so excited for you to pursue this journey! I would love to blog full time as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited about it myself! I'm excited about your journey too-you've got some awesome things going on over at Oak & Oats!

      Delete
  5. If you don't mind, I'm going to feature this on my article help on my website.


    Thanks,
    KG
    www.kgstyleinc.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!