MR + MRS PART 2



image via Etsy


Welcome to the second installment of the Mr. + Mrs. Series!! Today Carla from Love Cartista is stopping by to share her love story with us!



1. Where did you meet?

We met in T.C. Williams High School – Home of the Titans…the mighty, mighty Titans!  (You’re cool if you knew that was a movie reference.) I was a cheerleader and he was a basketball player. I know, let’s all gag together. But seriously, high school is where it all started!




2. How long have you been together? 


We have been together for a total of 11 years! Our first date was on February 14, 2013.  The rest is history! 

3. What was your first impression of your spouse?  


Why is this fool staring at me? Creep! Oh, but I guess he’s kind of cute.” I first noticed he had his eye on me during a basketball game. After talking with him, I thought he was really sweet and such a gentleman. I instantly fell into a crush!    

4. When did you know he/she was the one? 

There were several instances in which I thought, “OMG this guy is amazing, he’s The One!”  I realized he was in it for the long run when he asked me to move in with him. He really wanted to travel to the Philippines and that revealed to me that he was genuinely interested in my background. He was willing to try Filipino foods and even learn a few Filipino words.  As a matter of fact, he has once insisted on purchasing Rosetta Stone for Tagalog. He proposed to me in the Philippines on our second trip there! 

5. What is the most fun thing you’ve done together as a couple?

So many fun times with him! It’s hard to choose just one. We always have a lot of fun traveling and seeing unfamiliar places together. Our adventures are my most favorite memories! 

Our engagement-moon was pretty awesome. We went to Boracay, Philippines where we did a lot of action-packed water sports. On a rainy day, we spent the day in Boracay Regency Spa where we just enjoyed each other’s company while being pampered for about 6 hours. We always reminisce and laugh about this gong that the masseuses struck when our time in the outdoor bathtub was up. Truly a precious memory!   
  


6. What is your favorite thing about your spouse?

My favorite thing about him is his heart. It sounds so ridiculously cheesy but my hubby really does have the most kind-hearted, and laid back personality. He just goes with the flow. He keeps me grounded when I’m freaking out about something frivolous.   

7. Pick three words to describe your relationship.

Timeless. Authentic. Well-Balanced.
 
8. What has been your biggest challenge as a couple?

Challenges strengthen relationships. Our biggest challenge as a couple is leaving the past behind. Letting go of past mistakes and disallowing resentment to wreck our happiness as a couple. 

9. What advice can you give to all the other couples out there?

During a time of a recent personal crisis, someone told me this about marriage and relationships: Relinquish extremely high expectations, very low expectations, and having no expectations at all. 

It’s important to have a well-balanced relationship. Not too easy or edgy; you’ll know when it feels…just right.






Thank you so much for reading my part in Keizra’s awesome Wedding Q + A! I had a blast putting all of this together for her. Participating in this series has reminded me of how fortunate I am to be in a loving relationship.  Marriage is not made to be perfect; allow the experiences to help your personal development. Stay true to yourself and most importantly: love yourself and others will follow suit.

I love making new friends! Please stop by my blog to say hello! I love hearing personal stories and random funnies from you guys.   

Thank you again Carla for participating in the Mr. + Mrs. series!!


      

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again for asking me to participate in this series. It was fun getting everything together for you!
    MR + MRS series link is officially on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for participating! Beautiful love story and great advice! :-)

      Delete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!