FAR FROM MEDIOCRE: PURSUING YOUR GREATNESS

far from mediocre



Hello! Aren't you glad it's Friday? I know I am!  I've been overflowing with ideas all week and I wanted to leave you with something positive! As we grow up and get older, as time speeds up, as loved ones leave this earth, it's becoming even more imperative for me to live what I love. I see no point in waiting for tomorrow, or next year, or 5 years from now. Why not today? Granted, some things do take planning + resources - actionable steps to reach the end goal, but what I'm saying is, why all of the excuses? Why not begin to pursue your greatness today?




//Love hard. I'm realizing that life is short. Truly. Losing loved ones has a way of knocking you on your backside and making you reflect not only on your life, but their life as well, especially when they've loved so much, done so much + impacted so many lives in such a short time. All because they loved hard. That's why we're here - to share agape love. So love hard my friends.


// Live your life. Just live it. Don't spend so much time worrying about where you are and where  you wish you were or about the opinions of others. Live in the moment, the present is a gift, it really is. Enjoy the people around you, enjoy the journey -your journey. 


// All things are possible. Boy is this true! In a moment of transparency here, I spend time worrying about where I am and where I wish I could be. But when I sit back and reflect on where I started, I know that all things are possible with God. He has a plan for my life and your life too! I'm thankful that I know Jesus and that with hard work and faith in Him, I'll reach my goals. You will reach your goals too!


// Pursue your greatness with ferocity.  It's so easy to want to give up and just ride the wave through life. But what if you decided to fight and pursue your desires? Can you imagine the outcome? What about the inspirational story that you'll leave behind? By pursuing your own greatness, you have an opportunity to inspire others to do the same - just by living your life + doing your own thing. 


I really love that quote - pursue your own life and don't get caught up in the story that someone else is creating. Always be in competition with yourself to do better, live better and love harder. Weave your own dream and use the power within you to make those dreams come true. Be a dream chaser and then take actions to realize those dreams. Always believe in yourself. 


Have a great weekend!

xoxo Keiz




2 comments:

  1. This post comes at a great time for me. I just lost my father and it is the hardest thing I've ever had to got through. It's been two weeks and every day it feels like it happened...well, today. I feel like I'm not doing a good job of living my life to the fullest because of how blindsided I am. But, that's life and I just have to live it and stop worrying about being perfect during such an imperfect time. Then, when I am ready to come back to living fully every day, I can put the rest of your advice into full gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ! I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is definitely
    tough - it's been one month since my cousin passed away and I still feel
    sad + cry. Both of my parents are still here so I can't imagine feeling
    the kind of pain that comes from losing a parent. All I can say is take
    your time. My aunt posted an image on Facebook-it said that when you
    lose someone, you're grieving the past, the present and the future of
    that person and I think that's so true. Grief + missing someone is a
    long time process. Take your time, there's no rush.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!