BETWEEN ME + YOU


I usually post "Inspiration Sunday" posts on well, Sunday. In the past, they've consisted of bible verses or quotes that I really liked. Towards the end of that series/topic, I started to publish more detailed posts expressing my thoughts about various topics. I haven't posted on Sunday's in a while because I felt like something was missing. I didn't necessarily want to get rid of the Sunday post because I do like sharing bible verses or my feelings - true feelings about certain things. So it came to me (that's been happening a lot lately!) that I wanted to create a space on Sunday that felt like I was talking to my dearest friend. This will be a little space where I can be completely honest if I want to or as vague as I need to be or simply + completely blunt. So from now on, you'll be seeing "Between Me + You" posts on Sunday's. Because that's what we tell our friends when we share something personal + close to our hearts right? 

My little token of appreciation here on the blog to Dr. Maya Angelou for all she's done to inspire a generation. This illustration was created by Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion.


In other news, I read an article on The Boss Mag (website currently being updated) about the many benefits of waking up earlier. I dread the mornings to be quite honest. Mostly because I'm sitting in traffic to go to a job that's not very fulfilling. So I thought that this month I would try to wake up earlier to at the very least have some quiet moments to myself. The author of that article said that there's something miraculous about being the only one up in the wee hours of the morning - that it's the only time you can be in complete quietness. While I was visiting The Everygirl, I saw that they are doing another 30 day challenge and guess what? It's a 30 Days of Motivated Mornings challenge!  The challenge is to wake up at least 30 minutes earlier each day this month. Keep them in the loop by sharing what you're doing during your mornings with the hashtag #TEG30DayChallenge. Although my plans for my early mornings are centered around something else, I definitely will check in from time to time to see what others are doing with their mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!