THE POWER OF AN INSPIRATION BOARD


inspiration wall

image via The Everygirl // Photographer: Courtney Apple


Creating an inspiration board is a great tool for uncovering your true brand. A lot f times we think we know what we want until we put an inspiration board together that truly captures our wants and needs for our brand. Pinterest is definitely a great tool that can visually capture what is appealing to you, but consider something more tangible. I had a client piece together an inspiration board the "old-fashioned" way, with a poster board, magazine, and some scissors. 


This is what she initially created:



inspiration board



This immediately captures what she envisions for her brand. Over time, this board will continue to evolve, but this is a great first look into what she wants for her brand. 

When was the last time you created an inspiration board? Begin a private board on Pinterest or better yet, pull out that poster board along with some of the magazines you love. There's something so therapeutic about focusing and doing this exercise. You really think about what you're choosing to cut out of the magazine versus pinning all the pretty things that catch your eye. Take the first step in defining your brand, whether this is your first time doing this exercise, or you're brand is evolving. Inspiration boards are also a great tool for career + life planning.

Thinking of creating an inspiration board? I'd love to see what you create! Email me and I'll share some here on the blog.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE inspiration boards. I have one in my home office... I need to spend more time on it, there are mostly just pictures (I have one of me and my Grandpa from when I was little) and some quotes on there now. One of these days I'd like to focus it more on home/room design OR full of words that inspire me and then write a post about them. Pinterest is great but there is something so important about having it right in front of your face, free to touch and move around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably go the Pinterest route because of my enjoyment of using technology and the ease of it all, but I didn't realize how impactful an inspiration board could be! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! I went to a mini workshop with my sister last year, so I have a vision board for what I want my life to look like. So much has changed since then, so I should create a new one. And yes, it is important to have something you can touch everyday that's related to your passions + goals!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!