2014 WORD OF THE YEAR

2014-word-of-the-year


I decided to select my own word of the year. I've never done this before, but I think it's a great idea because this year I'll be experiencing a lot of changes in my life, and I am wanting this year to be exponentially better than the last and the start of something amazing. It also reflects the goals I set for this year and will keep me in check if I start doing the most!

A and I were at dinner on Wednesday night and we were discussing our goals as a couple for the new year. Today, I was thinking that my personal goals and our goals have a common thread. And so, my word of the year is relationship.

As far as this blog is concerned, one of my main goals is to develop relationships with other bloggers, my readers and to connect with others through social media. The blogging community is pretty awesome!

My relationship with the Lord is very important to me. I moved back to Houston in August of 2012 and spent all of 2013 adrift. I really loved my church in Dallas and I just haven't found a place where my spirit is being fed since I've been back in Houston. As a result, my relationship with the Lord has suffered. This year I need to find a church where I feel at home and a church family that I can connect with. A relationship with Jesus Christ is not only important to me, but it's also the foundation of and important to the growth of my marriage. 

In my personal life, I need to be better in my relationships with my family and friends. I could do a much better job connecting. I've gotten so caught up in my routine: work, school, work again. THANKFULLY I graduate this year, so that will free up a lot of time. There's nothing like the feeling of losing someone and feeling like you coulda, shoulda, woulda. So I definitely want to be intentional about the relationship I have with the people I hold near and dear to my heart. 

And then there's A. This year will mark one of the biggest changes in my life. I'm going to become a wife. Yikes! Our relationship is very important to me-obviously! But that relationship will change a bit once we get married and so one of my goals is to build our relationship so that we can continue to strengthen and grow our bond. 

Did you decide to choose a word for the year? If so, I'd love to know what it is!














2 comments:

  1. Relationship is such a good word to pick. I picked LOVE.

    http://agodfashionedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I am glad that I chose that word - I think it will help me accomplish a lot of the goals that I set for myself this year, and if I don't get to accomplish all of them, I have that word to focus on.

      Delete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!