MY THOUGHTS ON RADIANT ORCHID

pantone-2014-color-of-the-year


So I thought I'd go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and talk about this color: Radiant Orchid. It's nice. And while I'm not OVERLY excited about it, I think it's a beautiful color when it's not overdone. 

radiant-orchid-dining
{Photo via Elle Decor}

So this one...I don't like because it looks like Radiant Orchid threw up in the room, just my opinion! I prefer the color when it's incorporated in a very subtle way or as one statement piece. 

radiant-orchid-coat

Like this jacket- it says "BAM, I'm here!" But then it comes off and she looks very sophisticated.

radiant-orchid-bedding
{Photo via Reloved Rubbish}

See-very subtle!

Radiant Orchid Office

I love the way Radiant Orchid looks against the color on these walls!

radiant-orchid-skater-skirt-dress

This is just fabulous! I would ROCK this!

Carla-Aston-Radiant-Orchid

Subtle again- it says "Radiant Orchid, I have decided to entertain you for a bit, but that is all you get from me."

Radiant-Orchid-Dress

radiant-orchid-dress

You know-this color looks really good with black.

radiant-orchid-purse

I just love big bags! So this is already a winner in my book!

olivia-palermo-radiant-orchid

FAB


 A Little Dash of Darling-Radiant Orchid

LOVE


IF I purchase anything, it'll be very subtle or one statement piece/pop of color. I think you really can't do any wrong when it's worn fashionably. As far as home decor, I think less is more-keep it simple. 

What about you lovelies? Are you hopping on the Radiant Orchid bandwagon?




10 comments:

  1. I really like that color. And I fully agree on keeping it simple! It tends to look more elegant, more sophisticated, more OPULENT =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes it definitely is an "OPULENT" color.

      Delete
  2. Love the Radiant Orchid, a perfect mix of pink and purple!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, two of my favorite colors!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this color. I don't have much of this radiant orchid color in my wardrobe or bedroom so seeing these photos is definitely giving me some inspiration and ideas. It's such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really do like it when it's incorporated into the wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. I agree this color can be overdone but I love the skirt at the end of the post! I need that in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that skirt is very cute! I like how she is wearing it!

      Delete
  5. The fur jacket omg can I please have one right now!? CLK Fashions

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!