Inspiration Sunday: Living Intentionally


{image via, text added by 27th + Luxe}


The buzz phrase this year seems to be "living intentionally" or some variation of that. When I think about living an intentional life, I think about slowing down and taking the time to enjoy the little things that truly make life special. 

My word of the year (as I mentioned in this post) is relationship. One of the relationships that I must be intentional about is my relationship with God. 


"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord."

 Ephesians 5:8-10 NIV

How can I do that if I haven't nurtured or been intentional about my relationship with him? So, one of the things I want to do to jump start this, is to spend 30 days of intentionally growing my faith by reading my bible and spending time in prayer each day. 




I've tried reading plans, reading a chapter a day and I always fall off the wagon. This time I want to dedicate a specific time in the day to just spend some alone time with God. I found the Intentional One Thing Challenge online and I believe it's a great approach. Focus on one thing wholeheartedly for 30 days, before you move on to the next thing. I think this is a great step in the right direction for rebuilding and reshaping my relationship with God.

At the end of the day, I want to live a life filled with doing what is pleasing to Him and doing what glorifies Him. 



Have a blessed week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!