HEALTHY LIVING: GREEN SMOOTHIE


healthy-living

I was reading Oak + Oats and stumbled across these posts. Beth and her husband did the whole30. I mentioned last week that Aaron and I are currently in a biggest loser contest, so I'm all about trying new things to get the healthy in and flush the unhealthy out so that I can beat him!!!...and live a healthier lifestyle too! We are currently following the whole30 program, you can learn more about it here

*disclaimer: yes if you look back at Monday's post, I went HAM over the weekend...this is why. I "officially" started whole30 on Tuesday.*

I finally got around to making a smoothie and it turned out pretty good! I didn't follow any recipe, I just threw some things in the blender and hoped for the best. And it turned out ok, I didn't send us to the ER!!


smoothie-ingredients



So let's talk about what's in this blender. By the way, I didn't measure, I just tried to make sure I used more veggies than fruit. 

1 tub of pre-sliced fresh pineapples
6 strawberries
Several handfuls of: red + green swiss chard, tat soi, arugala, and spinach

green-smoothie

Looks like I accomplished my goal of making sure it was green!



This was pretty freaking delicious!! I'm making another one tonight with bananas instead of pineapples. 


Do you have any smoothie recipes that you love? Please do share!







1 comment:

  1. This looks so healthy and so delicious! I love strawberries and pineapple ♥ This post is such a perfect timing, Keizra. I was just thinking that I need to use my Vitamix more often as it has been over a month since I last used it. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!