The Thankful Project Day 1: A Person

I recently stumbled upon the blog Chasing Happy a few days ago. The author Kenzie wrote a post about The Thankful Project. The idea is to write a post in response to a gratitude prompt. When I saw this I thought "YES!!!" I had just been talking to my mom about ways I can enjoy fall more. My favorite holiday is Christmas, so I don't really focus on fall's holiday-Thanksgiving.

The Thankful Project



This will be a great way for me to appreciate the reason for this season and to also take time to reflect on all the things I am grateful for. So here it goes, 28 Days of Intentional Gratitude Post #1.

For this prompt, we are "supposed" to write about a person. I say "supposed" because I don't think the prompts are that strict. Anyway, I want to write about a group of people-my immediate family. I just love them to pieces. I am an introvert, and will be very transparent in this post, have recently been struggling with anxiety and depression. I am very blessed, but I still feel like something is missing in my life. My family has been such a great support system during this time. They haven't abandoned me, but encourage me through what I have going on presently and also to take the steps needed to achieve my goals for the future. I really appreciate them and cannot imagine what it would be like to be living in this world alone.

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.38.17 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.39.25 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.40.04 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.42.34 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.45.13 PM

9 comments:

  1. Hey girl--thanks for linking up! Your family looks like a fun bunch :) I can't wait to read what else you have to say this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed to have such a strong family support! Great way to start of the Thankful Project. It is nice to have a little motivation to remember to reflect on all the things you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Your family sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, and thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I'm also going to be participating in the Thankful Project this November. I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you better as a blogger!

    You can read my blog at elliecoburn.com

    All the best!
    Ellie Coburn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Visiting your blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] that I am thankful for. I thought it would be especially good for me because of what I shared on Day 1 of The Thankful Project. And, I thought it would be cool to do an ability for each year of my life, […]

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!