The Thankful Project Day 1: A Person

I recently stumbled upon the blog Chasing Happy a few days ago. The author Kenzie wrote a post about The Thankful Project. The idea is to write a post in response to a gratitude prompt. When I saw this I thought "YES!!!" I had just been talking to my mom about ways I can enjoy fall more. My favorite holiday is Christmas, so I don't really focus on fall's holiday-Thanksgiving.

The Thankful Project



This will be a great way for me to appreciate the reason for this season and to also take time to reflect on all the things I am grateful for. So here it goes, 28 Days of Intentional Gratitude Post #1.

For this prompt, we are "supposed" to write about a person. I say "supposed" because I don't think the prompts are that strict. Anyway, I want to write about a group of people-my immediate family. I just love them to pieces. I am an introvert, and will be very transparent in this post, have recently been struggling with anxiety and depression. I am very blessed, but I still feel like something is missing in my life. My family has been such a great support system during this time. They haven't abandoned me, but encourage me through what I have going on presently and also to take the steps needed to achieve my goals for the future. I really appreciate them and cannot imagine what it would be like to be living in this world alone.

Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.38.17 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.39.25 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.40.04 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.42.34 PM Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 9.45.13 PM

9 comments:

  1. Hey girl--thanks for linking up! Your family looks like a fun bunch :) I can't wait to read what else you have to say this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed to have such a strong family support! Great way to start of the Thankful Project. It is nice to have a little motivation to remember to reflect on all the things you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Your family sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, and thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm also going to be participating in the Thankful Project this November. I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you better as a blogger!

    You can read my blog at elliecoburn.com

    All the best!
    Ellie Coburn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! Visiting your blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] that I am thankful for. I thought it would be especially good for me because of what I shared on Day 1 of The Thankful Project. And, I thought it would be cool to do an ability for each year of my life, […]

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!