The Thankful Project Day 20: Something About Your Significant Other orBest Friend

The Thankful Project

Today's prompt is "something about your significant other or best friend".
This guy right here is my boo thang!!

Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 7.14.46 AM

We met when I was 19 and he was 23. Started dating shortly after I turned 20...he was still 23.

College Party

Such a pleasant surprise! I've always heard that love finds you when you're not looking for it and now I can say how true that is! I'm thankful that I get to say that I am marrying my college sweetheart!

Zoo

We graduated together and our relationship really grew- especially when I moved to Ft. Worth and he was still in Houston. I'm so glad to call him my friend and the love of my life!

Engaged

This photo happened a year ago tomorrow (good placement for this prompt Kenzie!!). We had been talking about it for a while- so I am still shocked he was able to surprise me. We were on a family cruise for Thanksgiving last year and on that particular day we stopped at Mahogany Bay Roatan and went off on our own for a tour of the island and our first snorkeling experience.

Silly me forgot to bring a waterproof camera! But it was wonderful! Afterward, we went back to the Crazy Mango where he proposed. He put the box in front of me and I asked "what's this?" I kept telling myself "they're earrings." To my surprise it was this lovely gem!

Engagement ring

Such a sweet way to propose! And I can't believe it's been a year tomorrow - we're taking our engagement photos tomorrow too! Totally not planned!!

Anyway, I'm really thankful for that guy! He is such an extrovert (I'm an introvert) and he really stretches me in that area-even though I give him a hard time! He's one of those people that never meets a stranger. We've done a lot of growing together and he really brings me out of my comfort zone.

Us throughout the years

Us

Please excuse this long story but I'm in love!!

So what about you? What about your significant other or best friend are you most thankful for? 

2 comments:

  1. […] how the time is flying by! Tomorrow marks one year that we’ve been engaged (read about it here). And our wedding is in 5 months – stress levels are definitely […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet ♥ He did a great job picking your engagement ring; it's beautiful. I hope you have a great time taking your engagement pictures, and that they turn out well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!