The Thankful Project Day 9: A Photo

The Thankful Project

Welcome to day 9 of The Thankful Project! Woohoo, I've made it through the first week! This has been such a great experience for me! If you are reading this and interested in joining in the fun, please read more about it here.


Dean



So this is my cousin Dean. He was 10 years older than me and passed away in May 2012 from Myasthenia Gravis. I still miss him dearly. He was such a sweetheart and a joy to be around. This photo/these photos is/are important to me because one day I went to visit him and as we were chatting he was admiring my Sperry's. He said he really liked them and then began to tell me how expensive they are in Dominica (where my mom's side of the family is from). So, I made a mental note and at my birthday dinner (our birthday's are 10 days apart), I decided to surprise him with his gift!

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA



It brings me to tears every time I think of it! He was so surprised and so thankful that I heard what he said and thought of him. It was so funny-he put the shoes on right there at the table!! I'm thankful for these photos because it reminds me of how great that night was -seeing him so happy and excited and that I was so lucky and blessed to be able to do that for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!