WANDERLUST: MOZAMBIQUE

ibo-island-lodge


I'm seriously wishing I was still on vacation. Seriously. So, I decided I'm going to start  a new series called "Wanderlust" where I'll share places I'd like to go and eventually, HOPEFULLY, I'll begin to share places I've been!

Aaah, Mozambique. This was my first choice for our honeymoon and you can totally see why right? I wanted to go someplace exotic and different and Mozambique definitely meets that criteria! Of course, you have to save the big bucks for this so maybe we'll aim for our 5th anniversary?

"Mozambique is Africa’s undiscovered jewel – a melting pot of cultures and exotic influences, from early North African and Arab traders to Portuguese colonists who have all left their mark. A splendid array of flora and fauna is interspersed with traditional villages and flanked by a coralfringed coastline of translucent tropical waters" (Turquoise Holidays).

This beautiful place is the Ibo Island Lodge. I want to go. So bad. 




ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge


Beautiful right? Ibo Island lodge prides itself on offering a unique and authentic Mozambique Island holiday. Ibo Island is located in the Quirimba's Archipelago while three historic mansions, each over 100 years old have been restored to make this hotel. The Island Lodge is set against a lush garden landscape, contains three swimming pools and the magnificent Bela Vista Lounge where guests can partake in rooftop dining. 


ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge



Ibo Island tells tales of pirates and prisoners, turtle shells and silver. The island supports some of the oldest buildings in Mozambique and has a dramatic history that is brought to life by guided historical tours. Ibo Island was conquered by many and changed hands between the Portuguese and Omani Arab before the Portuguese remained in control of the island. There has been very little development on Ibo Island since the Portuguese left in 1763. 


ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge

ibo-island-lodge

I'm all for some quality R+R, but this would definitely need to be a two week trip so that we could explore + recover. Interested in an Island Hopping Safari? Then you're in luck! There is a 7 day safari that allows the adventurer in you to explore the coastline, tour fishing villages, sea kayak and so much more! Two additional tours of interest are the Guided Ibo of Yesterday tour and the Guided Ibo of Today Tour. How fun! I'd definitely do both to learn about both the past + the present of the island. Then after all this fun, I'd snooze the last few days away. 

Where have you been/where are you dreaming of going? Share in the comments so we can all add it to our wishlists! I may even share it here on the blog!




7 comments:

  1. Wow, this place is breathtaking. I've always wanted to visit a place like this. A place with history but more of a place that took its own course. These pictures make this place a great hidden gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous!! This is definitely a place I'd like to go visit..like right now! Look so romantic. My husband and I have never been to a romantic getaway and we have been married for four years now. It's in the cards. We need to do it. I think I may look into it for our 5th wedding anniversary.


    Keep in Touch(ed),
    KG
    www.kgstyleinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Take me with!
    I am picturing myself there. I have come to the conclusion that I belong there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful isn't it? A 5th wedding anniversary trip is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does seem like a hidden gem, one of the main reasons I fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing! :) I'm stopping by after the Virtual Picnic today! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!