CHANGING YOUR FOCUS + WHY THAT IS OK!



Have you ever changed directions? How do you feel when you do? Does it make you feel relieved or like a quitter? Or do you feel confused? I feel a bit of all those things and decided it was time to make some adjustments to my plans for the year. 

At the beginning of the year I made some goals and while I've done pretty well with working to accomplish them, I've missed the mark on a few things like classes I wanted to take and new skills I wanted to learn. A lot of that has to do with my being overwhelmed with grad school, looking for a new job, wedding planning and working full-time. Now that it's basically June (can you believe it?!), I decided that it would be good to evaluate the goals I created at the beginning of the year. 

As I'm nearing the end of my degree program and as I continue my job search, I am constantly thinking about the plans I have for the blog and for studio27L. As things continue to evolve and change in my life, so do my goals for this space and my business. That can get really frustrating! I'm still working out the kinks where branding is concerned and I'm constantly considering whether or not what I choose will remain relevant down the road. 

I'm all about simplification remember? So I thought why not try to make my life a little easier and simplify my goals for the rest of the year: 

BLOG

+ continue to post consistently

+ create quality content

+ engage with the community

BUSINESS

+ work on website

+ secure more clients

+ HUSTLE

CONTINUING EDUCATION

+ blog life

+ brandgasm

+ photoshop

So much simpler right? How are you coming along with your goals? Or if you chose to focus on a word for the year, how is that going? It may be time to take a look at the progress you've made towards your goals/living out your word of the year. Are your  goals and your vision still the same? If so, GREAT!! And, if not, it is totally okay to reassess and change directions. Change is good. 



2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good idea to just simplify the goals to start. Then, as you think about them more, you can ad sub-goals or tasks that will help you complete those goals. At least, that's somewhat how my brain thinks. I don't always go in the order originally planned, but it feels good to have it laid out visually so I can see myself achieving those goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was probably a little over-ambitious at the beginning of the year!! But this is very good still. I'm still accomplishing the majority of the goals, I've just made it more feasible by simplifying. I think next year I'll take this route + again, choose a word for the year. I agree, I like having things laid out + being able to cross things off my list (literally cross off!), it gives me a feeling of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!