WANDERLUST




Good Morning, I's married now!! I'm headed out for our honeymoon today. But don't you worry, I've got some awesome friends helping me out while I'm away. There will be a new post up everyday! 

And if you want to see what Aaron and I are up to while we're away, follow me on Instagram @27thandluxe. Have a great week!





Happy Monday, ladies!! First of all, a huge congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. Griffin!! I know we're all dying to hear all about the wedding & to see pictures! But until then, I'm going to visit with you all today. I'm Emily and I blog over at Ember Grey, a lifestyle blog. I was so excited when Keizra asked me to guest post while she and her new hubby enjoy their honeymoon, especially when she told me the topic for today - Vacations

Tis the season, right?! And I'm sure you're a fan as I am. I'm getting ready to go on my first vacay of the year later this month and can't tell you how ready I am for a break, or as I call it "a reset." What is it about vacation countdowns that the closer you get to your trip, the more you think, "It's a good thing I leave in 4 days because there's no way I could continue with this every day stuff for any longer!" 


Resets are important and I think we all kind of reset differently. I am very much a lounge-with-my-toes-in-the-sand-and-a-drink-in-my-hand kind of vacationer but I know many who would rather go hiking, skiing, or have adventures every single day of their trip. Some reset by lounging and some reset by being active. I say- more power to ya, but you can still find me by the pool. Whatever your preference, we all need a break from the every day and if I can take time away from the routine of it all, maybe read a book and soak up some much needed sun with an agenda that says RELAX - I can tell you I'll be going back home a completely different person (I may be crying the whole way back, but I'll be refreshed for sure.) 

So today I thought I'd share with you three places I've been and would recommend for a good "reset" and then two places I am dying to go. (And if you've been, I want details!!) As for the places I've been, you may notice a theme. I wasn't lying when I said I'm a beach kinda gal.

Places I've been:


I recently blogged about Maui here (and how I literally did cry when we left) but this was by far the most relaxing, best vacation I've ever had. Maui was the perfect place to reset all of the senses - the most beautiful sights, the best food you've ever tasted, the best smelling flowers literally floating through the air, birds chirping and hawaiian music coming from what I can only imagine to be the heavens, and white sand beneath your feet - right?? It actually took me quite a few days to relax because it was a bit of sensory overload when we first got there, but a Mai Tai (or two) surely helps :) 



My family rented a house on Topsail Island one Summer and I will tell you- on our way there I was worried I was going to be bored. My dad kept telling us how nice it was going to be to have the ocean right out our front door and how we'd grill out every night and I just kept thinking, "Okay, but it's North Carolina." And no offense to any of you from NC - I had never been before and I'll be the first to say I was oh so wrong. Turns out sitting out on the deck every day and listening to the waves crash around with the smell of bbq is pretty darn sweet. It was very quiet here. I took lots of walks and the town - very small - had some of the nicest people I'd ever met while on vacay. It's the kind of town where people leave their doors unlocked and if you wear anything other than flip flops, you're overdressed. I can't wait to go back.



My husband and I went to San Diego in 2011 and it was so, so relaxing. My favorite "reset" place  here was Fletcher Cove at Solana Beach. Have you ever had one of those "nature moments" where you're standing there and it just completely surrounds you like a blanket and it literally takes your breath away? That's exactly what happened to me at this Cove. I just stood there, taking in all of the sounds and feeling something so much greater and I was automatically reset. There are also some really cool artsy shops and coffee shops and cute little beachy places to eat like The Mission (best french toast in San Diego - that's literally what we googled and The Mission is what popped up.) San Diego was very chill... everything moved at a slower pace. It's definitely a beach town vibe! 


Places I'm dreaming of visiting:

I would imagine this is somewhat like Maui but times a million, right? Seriously- just plant me in one of these huts with a blender, strawberries and some rum and I'll see you all in a few weeks. 



Wildcard, I know, but would you just look at the picture?! Like, is that even real life?! I have heard so many wonderful things about Ireland. My mom went with her best friend for her 50th birthday and said it was one of the most beautiful places she's ever been. I feel like this is a place I could really reset, get some good reading or writing done, and meet some really cool people (and don't get me started on the little lambs that just roam the countryside - I'm sure I'd be coming home with an entire herd.) 


So where would you go to "reset"? Have you had a great vacation that was so relaxing, when you came back you felt like a completely different person? 

Thanks so much for hangin' out with me today! 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! You are someone's "old lady" now! God Bless your union!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Old Lady! Thank you for the blessing :) !

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!