BEAUTY TIPS FOR YOUR VACATION

Hello Luxe Readers! I'm Carla over at Love Cartista. I feel totally honored that Keizra asked me to guest blog for her while she's away on her tropical honeymoon. Congratulations on your wedding, Keizra! Wishing you both much happiness and success on your life together! I am really excited to give y'all Luxe readers some beauty tips for a tropical vacation. Growing up in the Philippines, I was able to enjoy glorious days in sun and sand! I've also been lucky to have traveled to a few tropical islands in the Caribbean. There are a few pictures of me and my hubby in the tropics when I participated in Keizra's MR. & MRS. Q + A Series. As a true beauty junkie and lover of travel, I know a few beauty tips for a flawless time in the tropics.


  Tropical-vacation-beauty-tips 


1. Sunscreen is your best friend. We all know how important it is to use at least SPF 15 when spending time outdoors. Not only is it vital for the prevention of skin cancer, it prevents major skin burns and rashes when you're on vacation. Believe me, you don't want to endure the pain of a bad burn while you're on vacay. For those with darker skin like me, I don't burn but suffer from heat rash. Be cognizant of applying sunscreen often. You can breathe easy and not have to worry about taking care of a painful, burned skin. I recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF 30. 

2. Fake bake before you go. You want to feel amazing when you go on your tropical vacation. Having a little color on you can boost your confidence when you sport that super cute tank top! Some people prefer tanning beds, but those are harmful to your skin. No one wants leathery skin, so I absolutely recommend trying St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. Healthy, glowing, and natural-looking skin. I love this stuff! 

3. Moisturize that sun-drenched skin. Speaking of being all tan and gorgeous, you must try this Maui Babe Browning Lotion. This stuff comes straight from the tropics in Hawaii! It's made of coffee and various oils, so it moisturizes your skin while giving you instant color. You lucky naturally tanned and brown-skinned girls can definitely use this stuff too! Hellooo, gorgeous skin! 

4. Dry shampoo saves time and lets you enjoy more fun time! Like many girls, it takes me forever to blow-out my hair. My thick and curly hair takes hours to tame. If you're in the same boat, you don't want to waste time doing your hair while on vacation. Dry shampoo is probably the best invention, ever. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo absorbs oil and leaves you with fresh hair. Purchase a travel-sized bottle and you're good to go! 

5. Tame those fly aways with a serum. Tropical places can get pretty humid which often leads to frizzy hair. Apply this after soaking up some sun by the shore. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum is an affordable hair product that helps keep my hair looking great. A little goes a long way! 

6. Blot. As in, blot that oily skin with oil-blotting sheets. A lot of us get oily skin in the summer. The truth is, you're probably going to have oily skin on your tropical vacation. Keep these BOSCIA Green Tea Blotting Linens in your purse, and you can be fresh faced anytime you are feeling oily. 

7. Rosy lips. We certainly know you're not pouting while on your tropical vacation, but adding some color to your lips will brighten up your face and make you feel pretty sexy. Wearing heavy makeup in the tropics is so unnecessary. I stick with lip balms to add color to my lips. I love Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. It gives you effortless and natural color. Super easy to apply when you're on the go! There are many shades to choose from! Pick one that compliments your skin tone. 

There you have it, ladies. These are just a few of my beauty tips for a tropical vacation. Less is more when you're traveling. Remember, sunscreen is important! 

Have you tried any of these products? What are your beauty tips for a tropical vacation? Please stop by the Love Cartista blog-say hello, and let me know that you're a Luxe reader! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried dry shampoo but I really want to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I've used it before...it's ok. I prefer using actual water to clean my scalp. But dry shampoo is definitely good when you're not able to wash your hair.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and will reply as well! Thank you so much for your comment!